STAY SECURE WHILE TRAVELING
Whether you are traveling for fun this summer, or just for work, it is important to protect yourself from cybercriminals. Protect your devices with these essential tips for a worry-free trip.
· Update and Patch: Ensure all devices have the latest software and security updates to defend against emerging threats.
· Strong Passwords and Two-Factor Authentication: Use unique, strong passwords with a mix of characters and enable two-factor authentication.
· Install Security Software: Add reputable antivirus and anti-malware software to detect and remove threats.
· Secure Wi-Fi Connections: Avoid unsecured public Wi-Fi. When necessary, use a VPN to encrypt your internet traffic.
· Back Up Your Data: Before leaving, back up important data to external storage or the cloud.
· Stop Auto-Connecting: Disable your device’s ability to connect automatically to wireless networks and via Bluetooth. Actively choose when and where to connect.
· Limit what you post on social media: Don’t share you are away from home or check-in at locations while on vacation. This information can be used both by criminals and social engineers to better target you.
Wherever you are headed this summer, safeguard your personal information, and enjoy your trip securely. Happy travels!